Almost ready for your big day? Are you ready to start packing your hospital baby bag? Don’t let pregnancy brain get in the way! Let this easy hospital bag checklist make sure your big day goes perfectly without forgetting anything!
1. Trash Bag: might want this one for the ride over in case the labor pains make you nauseous
2. Socks/Flip-Flops/Slippers: You will most likely not want any shoes you will have to bend over to tie. Make sure to bring easy, slip-on shoes that are comfortable, especially for swelling feet. There’s no fashion police at the hospital last time I checked!
3. PJs/Robes/Underwear: Once again, make it comfy! Before your big day, go shopping for maternity lounge-wear. Baggy, stretchy, loose, up to you!
4. Towel: Although the hospital will most likely provide one, it’s nice to have a little piece of home to bring with you. Use it for the shower, as a wrap to drape over your pants that shows your water broke, or use it as a wipe for sweat when birthing.
5. Outfit to go Home: Nobody wants to wear a hospital robe home and you obviously don’t want to wear the clothes you came in so make sure to pack some fresh clothes to wear home with your new bundle of joy!
6. Toiletries: Such as, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, hair brush, shampoo, conditioner, contacts, glasses, makeup, etc. It really depends on what you want to bring to make yourself feel better!
7. Pillow: This isn’t a necessity because obviously the hospital provides some, but I know some women are very particular about their pillows and their positions to get comfy, so it’s up to you!
8. Snacks/Drinks: Once again what type of food and beverages you decide to bring is up to you! You probably won’t have much of an appetite or will even be allowed to eat, but maybe your partner will get hungry/thirsty. Always good just to be prepared!
9. Magazine/Book/Laptop: Sometimes while being in a hospital, time ticks by slower than ever. Keep yourself busy and distracted from the contractions by reading a good book, flipping through a raunchy magazine, or watching the latest Netflix hit!
10. Cell Phone and Charger: Everyone loves to be on their phones nowadays, so make sure to bring itwith a charger so the battery doesn’t drain!
11. Call List: This is a must! You have to let everybody know the baby is here!
12. Blanket: Sometimes hospital blankets have a weird smell or don’t provide much comfort. Not a bad idea to take one of your own with you your own scent and fuzziness.
13. Car Seat: Hospitals don’t let you leave without showing that you have a baby seat in your car, self-explanatory.
14. Baby Clothes/hat: Dress your little munchkin up! Make sure they are cozy and warm to greet their new world!
15. Hand Sanitizer: Germs are everywhere! Especially when your leaving the hospital after the birth. People are going to want to touch and hold your baby bring this life saver with you everywhere!
16. Smile: YOU DID IT!!!