Making a Decision
When confronting your unplanned pregnancy, your course of action should be the result of your own decision making processes. You should definitely consider other people’s opinions but keep in mind that they are not the ones who have to live with the results. The following tips are designed to help lead you to the best result. This decision you are deciding upon might be the most important decision you have ever made. Be sure to take enough time to consider every aspect of your decision. You can visit Your Options for more information about your options.
Need to talk to someone? Call 1-800-355-5500
- Find a quiet place to sit down with a pen and paper
- Record and describe your thoughts and feelings when you found out that you were pregnant.
- Make a chart with two columns for each of your major options. List your positives in one and the negatives in the other.
- Describe what your life and your child’s life might be like based upon the options you are considering.
- Think about the decision in terms of “Good, Better, or Best.” It’s easier to see the difference between a bad decision and a good decision. What would be better AND best for you and your child?
- Seek counsel from someone you regard as mature and wise.
- How would the most important people in your life feel? Consider how others might feel about your possible decisions.
- Find out about available help and resources by calling a specialist at 1-800-355-5500.